“Not all who wander are lost”
As I’ve hinted at around here, Andrew and I travel quite a bit for leisure. In fact, I’ve been tossing around the idea of recapping past travel and featuring future travel as I get a lot of design inspiration from locales we’ve visited and there are just some pictures and stories that are too good not to share. A little diversion never hurt. Anyway, Andy does some travel for business, but most of our excursions are for fun, adventure, and a little relaxation. We were both bitten by the travel bug pretty early on…my first trip across the pond was to Paris sophomore year of high school with a few friends. Since then we’ve ventured pretty far afield…travels have taken us as far away as Vietnam and a little less off the beaten path to London and the Caribbean as well…to name just a few.
In that spirit, as I sit here with Christmas on the brain and the need to get the remainder of my Christmas shopping accomplished, I find myself daydreaming of far off places. My internet surfing has returned me to my three favorite places to shop of all time, hands down…J.Crew, Target, and Anthropologie (oh what I would give to still work for that store…). As I perused the gift ideas featured on each site, I noticed some rather adorable travel accessories and then began conjuring up “giftspiration” boards to share some of the very best gifts for the globetrotter in your life.
Here’s what I’m loving
For the Gals
1. Sprout Lip Balm $18 Anthropologie – perfect for parched airplane rides and sun exposure.
2. BAGGU for J.Crew Printed Bag $10 – Great for your local market finds, and souvenir shopping.
3. Proenza Schouler iPad Sleeve $39.99 Target – Carry and protect your tablet in style.
4. Printed Makeup Pouch $25 J.Crew – Cute carry on to stash all your essentials.
5. Face Stockholm Nail Polish in Pine $10 J.Crew – Pre-trip mani/pedi is a must.
6. Glitter Case for iPhone 4 $22.50 J.Crew – Something sparkly (something reflective helps when you’re searching for your phone deep in a travel bag).
7. Leather Colorblock Passport Case $45 J.Crew – Stamp those visas in style.
For the Guys
1. Field Notes for J.Crew Three Pack $14.50 – Travel journal, blog notes…
2. Back-up Battery for iPhone $39.50 J.Crew – Keep it juiced…after all, you need to check-in on Facebook.
3. Leather Magic Wallet $29.50 J.Crew – Downsize…trust me…you only need some cash, maybe a card, and your ID…don’t carry your life in your wallet and then get it stolen in a Vietnamese night market…true story.
4. Donegal Hosiery Socks $19 J.Crew – Keep his tootsies warm on the airplane…or in colder climates.
5. Leather Case for iPhone $38 J.Crew – Smart looks for your most prized possession.
6. Timex Weekender Watch $34.99 Target – Don’t miss that plane or train…luxe styling on a dime.
The best part…all of these goodies are under $50! Now that you’re outfitted, you’ll have plenty of cash left over for your airfare!
Happy trails and Merry Christmas to you!
So tell me, what’s the best gift you’ve given or received in the spirit of wanderlust?